Jose Mourinho offers sarcastic response as he breaks silence over Tottenham sacking

https://ift.tt/2QAMIhs
Jose Mourinho has spoken out for the first time since he was sacked by Tottenham.

The Portuguese manager was dismissed by Spurs on Monday morning following their 2-2 draw with Everton on Friday evening.

The stalemate at Goodison Park leaves Tottenham seventh in the Premier League, with only faint hopes of a top-four finish.

Mourinho's underwhelming 17-month spell in north London raises serious questions of whether he is still the world-beating coach he once was, as he departs without a trophy to his name.

But the 58-year-old pointed out he is still the subject of as much interest as ever with a video posted on his Instagram account.

"They don't give me privacy," said Mourinho as he filmed the flock of cameras and reporters outside his home. "Even my friend Gary [Sky Sports' Gary Cotterill] is disturbing me. That's my life."

Moments later, Mourinho was quizzed on whether he had any comments regarding his departure and told Sky Sports : "You know me, you know that I'm not going to say anything."

Asked whether fans will see him in the dugout again soon, or if he needed a chance to recharge his batteries, he responded: "No need. No need for breaks and batteries."

Mourinho added: "I'm always in football."


Post a Comment

0 Comments